Reports to: Director of Engineering
Join our team as a Senior Mobile Software Engineer and help us bring ground-breaking new products to market. You will be part of an exciting, diverse, and flexible team of engineers with strong resources and a large existing user base. San Diego born and bred, DivX LLC has been a leader in digital video technology since 2000.
The Senior Software Engineer’s main responsibilities are to provide technical leadership, write enduring code, and provide guidance based on your experience creating successful mobile apps. This role requires a thorough knowledge of applicable languages, advanced design principles, best engineering practices, and advanced architectural patterns. The candidate must demonstrate ability to troubleshoot and analyze complex issues.
- Provide technical leadership for DivX mobile products
- Assist with architecture and design of products
- Deliver code and documentation that adhere to best engineering practices
- Adapt quickly to new technologies
- Provide feedback in code reviews and design; incorporate feedback in code reviews and design from team members and management
- 5+ years of software development experience, at least 3 on iOS and Android
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Demonstrated success designing and developing Full Stack Mobile Applications
- Fluent in multiple languages and environments applicable to mobile development, such as React Native, Swift, Objective C, and/or Java
- Expertise using RESTful APIs and third party SDKs
- Strong understanding of mobile UI guidelines and frameworks
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Specific experience with AWS a plus
- Knowledge of C++ a plus
- Knowledge of audio and video frameworks on mobile platforms a plus.
To apply for this position, please send us your resume.