The Compliance Engineer will lead the technical team as part of DivX’s compliance group. This individual will manage and optimize DivX’s video technology testing materials used to detect DivX Technology included in Consumer Products. This individual will work with DivX’s Legal and Licensing team to ensure customer compliance with the terms of DivX license agreements, detect and prevent violations of license terms, and identify unlicensed shipment of goods practicing DivX Technology or violating DivX’s trademarks. The Compliance Engineer will act as a technical resource across the DivX organization (including Legal and Licensing teams) and will support external auditors and outside contractors with technical analysis related to ongoing compliance matters.
- Support the Licensing Compliance Director in all technical aspects of license compliance and enforcement, including product testing during the audit process and pre-litigation dispute resolution.
- Manage and develop video technology testing materials used to detect DivX Technology included in Consumer Products.
- Lead the Compliance team in physical product testing and test product acquisition.
- Conduct pre-audit analysis of licensees, identify non-reported Consumer Products.
- Assist in building strategic approaches to licensing compliance and patent licensing matters.
- 3-5+ years of relevant work experience in forensic engineering and technical IP Protection is desired.
- Strong analytical skills, and experience in data analysis on multiple datasets.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or closely related fields, or post-graduate technical work in those areas, helpful but not required.
- Experience working with third party audit firms and directly auditing customers.
- Ability to work and collaborate with a geographically distributed team.
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of accountability.
- Understanding of technology in the context of intellectual property.
- International Travel for onsite audits
- Storied video software company founded in San Diego in 2000 with a focus on providing quality digital video experiences to users around the world
- Fun, flexible work environment in the heart of UTC area of San Diego
- Coffee, snacks, free gym in building, covered parking
- Equal Opportunity Employer
- This position is based in San Diego but is currently remote due to COVID-19 restrictions.
To apply for this position, please send us your resume.