DivX is seeking a Corporate Counsel to join the DivX legal team, with responsibility for supporting DivX’s licensing and product businesses and managing the company’s general legal needs. This collaborative position spans multiple business units and provides a unique opportunity to gain broad-based in-house experience in a thriving technology company. This position reports to the CEO/CLO.
- Provide legal advice and support to the CEO/CLO and other executives, in all aspects of legal function, including corporate matters, HR, employment, privacy, contracts, litigation and licensing.
- Manage DivX’s consumer electronics licensing business, including drafting of license agreements and support for license compliance and enforcement efforts.
- Draft, review and manage all corporate contracts including NDAs, confidentiality agreements, license agreements, technology transfer agreements.
- Handle a wide array of corporate matters under the direction of CLO, including corporate governance, corporate finance initiatives, budgeting, foreign subsidiary management, board materials, etc.
- Manage company HR and employment matters, including corporate policies, recruiting and hiring, compensation and benefits, etc.
- Juris Doctor (J.D.) from ABA accredited law school and active licensee of the California Bar in good standing or qualified to practice law as in-house counsel in California.
- Minimum 5-8 years of post-graduate legal experience required, including some major law firm experience. In-house experience preferred.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders across all areas of a business.
- Strong contract drafting and negotiation skills.
- Experience with IP / technology licenses preferred.
- Ability to work independently, takes initiate and has a high degree of accountability.
- Well organized with the ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage shifting responsibilities in a dynamic, cross-functional teamwork environment.
- Unquestionable ethics, integrity, and business judgment.
- Familiarity with Salesforce is a bonus.
- Storied video software company founded in San Diego in 2000 with a focus on providing quality digital video experiences to users around the world.
- Fun, flexible work environment in the heart of UTC area of San Diego.
- Coffee, snacks, free gym in building, covered parking.
- Great benefits including 401(k) matching, comprehensive health plans for you and your family, generous paid time off, monthly cell phone stipend.
- Equal Opportunity Employer.
- This position is based in San Diego, working a hybrid schedule
- $200k – 240k DOE, plus a target annual bonus of 10-20% of base salary.
To join the DivX team, please apply through our careers portal or send us your resume.