Reports to: General Counsel
The Director, Licensing Compliance position is responsible for managing all DivX licensing compliance efforts to ensure DivX licensees meet their contractual obligations. This collaborative position spans multiple business units and provides a unique opportunity to participate in building DivX’s Licensing Compliance team from the ground-up.
- Create a compliance function that covers DivX’s licensing compliance and any other DivX compliance activities.
- Create methodologies to identify and audit licensees to ensure they are meeting their contractual obligations.
- Work with licensees and various internal stakeholders to conduct efficient and effective audits, and report findings. Work with various stakeholders to ensure identified issues are resolved timely.
- Create and maintain a database that identifies all audits, observations, and management action plans.
- Periodically provide management with reports on audits performed and outcomes.
- Periodically perform assessments to identify the various compliance requirements for DivX and perform audits to assess compliance.
- On point for customer escalations, including demonstrating right to audit, discussing licensing models, and customer refusal to cooperate.
- Oversee and manage inbound DivX licensee royalty reporting process and review for possible non-compliant licensee activity or discrepancies and maintain royalty reporting database.
- Prepare reports detailing reporting and royalty variance and trend analysis to identify revenue leakage.
- Coordinate with Sales, Finance, and Legal teams to resolve licensing compliance matters, including under-reporting, late reporting, and late payments.
- Collaborate with Certification and Product teams to identify products and applications for non-compliance and infringement.
- Collaborate with Legal team on licensing initiatives.
- Prepare outbound third party licensor royalty reporting and payment.
- Assist Finance team in invoicing for CE customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field with 7+ years of experience in licensing, compliance, and audit in software, technology, or related industries.
- Experience working with third party audit firms and directly auditing customers.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to clearly communicate within the organization as well as with outside parties.
- Mastery of organizational and project management techniques.
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of accountability.
- Unquestionable ethics, integrity, and business judgment.
- Salesforce experience preferred.
- Storied video software company founded in San Diego in 2000 with a focus on providing quality digital video experiences to users around the world
- Fun, flexible work environment in the heart of UTC area of San Diego
- Coffee, snacks, free gym in building, covered parking
- Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this position, please send us your resume.