The Paralegal’s main responsibilities are to support the Legal and Human Resources functions within the Company. The Paralegal serves as a liaison between different areas of legal functionality to both internal DivX stakeholders as well as outside counsel and vendors. The Paralegal prepares documents, researches law, and assists the General Counsel by performing a variety of support duties.
- Primarily supports the General Counsel in day-to-day Legal and HR functions. Provides general support to other members of Legal as needed.
- Manages all business contracts, including drafting, review, coordinating approvals, and signatures. Revises contracting forms and drafts language to adapt to ongoing business needs.
- Assists with drafting and implementing departmental and company-wide policy and procedure.
- Coordinates litigation needs between outside counsel and internal stakeholders.
- Researches emerging legislation and designs compliance procedures to mitigate risk.
- Supports day-to-day HR functions through coordinating employee recruitment, yearly open enrollment cycle, performance reviews, and other needs as they arise.
- Manages incoming requests to general departmental email addresses, phone lines, and fax lines.
- Maintains electronic and hard-copy Legal and HR files.
- BA, Paralegal Certificate from ABA-approved program or equivalent
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel and Word
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to clearly communicate within the organization as well as with outside counsel or legal teams
- Contracts Management experience preferred
- Notary Public a plus
- Storied video software company founded in San Diego in 2000 with a focus on providing quality digital video experiences to users around the world
- Fun, flexible work environment in the heart of UTC area of San Diego
- Coffee, snacks, free gym in building, covered parking
- Equal Opportunity Employer
- This position is based in San Diego but is currently remote due to COVID-19 restrictions
To apply for this position, please send us your resume.