It’s been an eventful year for DivX! We’re excited to round out 2018 with an update to our software (version 10.8.7 is now live) and the launch of a new website.
After DivX® became independent again this year, we had a lot of work to establish ourselves as a standalone company. Fortunately, we’ve wrapped up the behind-the-scenes work and are ready to move forward. The first step is the release of a new version of our free software.
The launch of DivX 10.8.7 brings you a smoother, better operating software suite. Play a variety of video formats up to 4K in DivX Player, cast video from your computer to your TV with the media server within Player, or drag and drop video files onto DivX Converter to convert video to play on your computer, phone, tablet or device. (Check the version history for specifics on what’s new.) You can download the free version and start using DivX 10.8.7 today. Plus, if you want the best possible experience, get DivX Pro® to make the most of your video. Learn more about why it’s worth it to buy DivX Pro.
We’re also happy to announce that we’ve redesigned our website. In addition to a new design, we tried to streamline information to make the site easier to use and more valuable to our visitors. Check it out and see for yourself. You can find out information about DivX Software, learn about the features of DivX Pro, search for DivX Certified® devices or get your Support questions answered. If you have any specific feedback, please let us know.
As we start a new year, we’re excited about what comes next. Thanks for being a part of our history as well as our future.
Happy holidays and happy new year!
-The DivX Team
With Halloween around the corner, we thought we’d test your skills at Halloween movie trivia. Below are ten clues to ten of the top scariest movies of all time. Scroll down for the answers and see how you do. (FYI: The answers are linked to the movie trailer.)
Halloween Movie Trivia
- Call me a dull boy, but I’ve never tried Red Rum, and I’m not interested.
- The top three things to consider when buying a new home are location, location, location … and ensuring that location is not on an old cemetery. Also, make sure you get a good cable provider. You don’t want your TV to have a bunch of static.
- “After school got out we, ya know, worked on our tans, went to some parties and, like, may have killed a guy.”
- As if hockey goalies weren’t scary enough, this movie kinda sealed the deal.
- At least Brad Pitt didn’t sparkle in the sunlight.
- No map, no tissues and clearly no tripod.
- For sale: A lovely 2-story tract house in a nice San Diego neighborhood. This house features crown molding, a walk-in closet, and a tortured demon.
- Is it a Halloween movie? Is it a Christmas movie? Is it TimBurtontastic? Definitely.
- This movie is why I don’t go to motels. Or use a shower curtain. Or shower at all, for that matter.
- Sadly, this may be when many people first heard of fava beans. And why we get the chills if we see lotion in a basket.
- The Shining
- I Know What You Did Last Summer
- Friday the 13th
- Interview with the Vampire
- The Blair Witch Project
- Paranormal Activity
- The Nightmare Before Christmas
- Silence of the Lambs
How’d you do? Not sure if you should be proud or a bit frightened if you got them all correct.