Department stores are starting to sell Christmas decorations, which can only mean one thing: Halloween is right around the corner.
There are several ways one can celebrate Halloween. You can carve pumpkins, wear crazy costumes, or beg your neighbors for candy (which APPARENTLY is socially unacceptable at my age…). Our friends at Film Fresh are celebrating the scary season by offering 20% off all movies through midnight on Halloween (Oct. 31). To get the deal, just use the coupon code FFHWEEN2010 during checkout.
This promotion could not have come at a better time, because our favorite DivX Halloween tradition is watching scary movies. So, every day for the next 10 days, we will be recommending a different film that we think would be perfect for this time of year. Each movie can be purchased (sorry, U.S. only*) and downloaded immediately from Film Fresh for playback on your DivX Certified device. This means that you can not only enjoy your scary movie on your computer, but you can play it on your DivX Certified portable DVD player or mobile phone and watch it while camping in a haunted forest or roaming around graveyards at night. (You do that, right?)
Click through the break to see if you can guess our movie recommendations and even win a prize.
We’ve added some small clues as to what our future recommendations are going to be. To find out the answers to the clues below, keep checking this blog post.
DivX Halloween Movie Recommendations (AKA “The Ten Days of Halloween”)
- 10/22: Invasion of the Body Snatchers
- 10/23: The Shining “Heeeeeerrrrreeeessss a really obvious hint for what this movie is going to be”
- 10/24: Zombieland “Mark Zuckerberg drives around and kills zombies”
- 10/25: Saw “Be forewarned: This movie is NOT about construction … or puzzles for that matter.”
- 10/26: Evil Dead “‘The Book of the Dead’…now available on the Kindle!”
- 10/27: I Know What You Did Last Summer “We, ya know, worked on our tans, went to some parties and, like, may have killed a guy.”
- 10/28: Interview With the Vampire “Brad Pitt was cooler. He didn’t sparkle in the sunlight.”
- 10/29: 28 Days Later “2,419,200 seconds after my power nap”
- 10/30: The Blair Witch Project “Twigs, flashlights, runny noses and no tripod.”
- 10/31: Paranormal Activity “For sale: A lovely 2-story tract house in a nice San Diego neighborhood. This house features crown molding, a walk-in closet, and a tortured demon”
Don’t forget to use the 20% off coupon code during checkout: FFHWEEN2010
BONUS: As an added bonus, the first five people who send us the names of all ten movies get a free copy of DivX Pro and a $10 gift card to Film Fresh* ($30 total value).